GSG is seeking an experienced Accountant/Bookkeeper to maintain our financial records, including donations, receipts and payments using the QuickBooks software program. Our ideal candidate has a minimum two to three years’ experience with strong references. Ultimately, the Account/Bookkeeper’s responsibilities are to accurately record all day-to-day transactions for our ministry. Candidate will be able to work three days a week, 22-25 hours/week.
Can be based in the US or Guatemala
Immediate and open ended
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
• Minimum high school diploma, (Associates Degree, a plus), with two to three years minimum experience.
• Above average mathematical skills.
• Advanced working knowledge of QuickBooks.
• Knowledge of standard bookkeeping practices.
• Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulatory requirements for 501(c)(3) Non-Profit organizations.
• Able to handle money and sensitive giving information in a professional and confidential manner.
• Familiarity with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and procedures.
• Proficiency with MS Office.
• Bookkeeping certification, a plus.
• Must be able to work part time.
• Ability to multi-task and process high volumes of donations efficiently and without error.
• Conscientious and dependable.
• Self-motivated with excellent communication skills.
• High attention to detail.
• Able to handle confidential information.
• High personal integrity.
• A ‘team player’
• Have a consistent walk with God.
• Be able to raise his/her own financial support.
Fill out an Inquiry Form